1) Will be positive, supportive and ethical in my actions to each and every person
(players, coaches, other spectators) on my team as well all individuals on the
2) Will understand and accept the fact that the coaches, and only the coaches,
determine positions and playing times.
3) Parents must respect the 24 hour rule: if communication with team coach is
necessary, please wait 24 hours after competition to initiate communication so
that emotions are reduced and communication can be more productive.
4) Will not attempt to “coach” players from the sidelines, because players must
listen to their coaches and their instructions.
5) Will learn the rules of the game to better understand decisions of the coaches
and game officials.
6) Will appreciate the time and energies donated by the team manager and team
representatives, and cooperate with their requests.
7) Will follow the communication guidelines set out by the Club, that is:
1: Manager or coach of Team
2: Area/Division Director
3: Program Director
4: Boys or Girls Director of Coaching
5: Vice President of Youth Soccer
8) Will set a positive example for the players by respecting game officials and
accepting their decisions, whether they are agreed with or not. Encourage fair
play, good sportsmanship, competitive play, and cheering instead of yelling. (A
parent acting-out in a foul or abusive manner during any game can also be
ejected from the field with a red card resulting in a sendoff penalty against the
team as well as a personal suspension and a possible fine pending a hearing
from their respective League A&D Committee).
9) Will refrain from: questioning, criticizing or abusing officials, taunting or booing
players or officials, using profanity or degrading gestures, coaching from the
10) Will pay my child’s dues on time to ensure he/she is eligible to play.
NOTE: In competitive soccer, if any “non-player”, i.e. parent, friend, etc. is asked to
leave the sidelines by the referee due to misbehavior, verbal or otherwise, and does not
comply the COACH may then be instructed to leave – leaving the team without a coach
during the game.
FC Dallas Youth Player Code of Conduct
1) I will conduct myself, at all times, in a professional and sportsmanlike manner, by
treating my teammates, competitors, officials, and all others involved with
courtesy and respect.
2) I will, at all times, use language that is appropriate. I understand that the use of
obscene language or gestures, curse words, racial slurs, gender slurs, or
sexually abusive insults will not be tolerated at any time.
3) I will abide by all applicable facility and tournament rules at all times and will act
in a manner that is respectful of the event that I am attending and its facilities. I
will show respect for the event facilities by taking care in my actions, such as by
removing trash or debris from around the bench area after each training session
4) I will not tolerate, encourage, aid, assist, or participate in hazing of any form,
whether directly or indirectly. I understand that hazing includes any act or
situation that inflicts (or threatens to inflict) physical, emotional, or psychological
pressure or injury on an individual or that purposely demeans, degrades, or
disgraces an individual. I understand that all FC Dallas Youth players and other
persons affiliated with FC Dallas Youth are subject to these same prohibitions
against hazing. If I witness, become aware of, or have information relating to any
hazing incident, I will report it to my head coach as soon as possible and
cooperate with any investigation regarding the incident.
I agree to abide by the code of conduct. I understand that I play an important role in
creating a positive environment for player development. Furthermore, I understand that I
represent the FC Dallas Professional organization in the community and as such my
conduct will be appropriate and supportive of the guidelines stated above. Failure to
comply with the above may result in disciplinary action including but not limited to a fine.
If a fine is imposed and is not timely paid by the due date, further sanctions may result
including suspension from the team or club. Removal from the club will not alleviate any
outstanding financial obligations owed to FC Dallas Youth.